Do children need an eTA for New Zealand?

eTA New Zealand for children

Whether a child needs an eTA NZ (New Zealand) depends on their nationality and the amount of time they will spend in the country. Some nationalities are not eligible for the eTA whereas it is a requirement for others.

Children from certain countries, such as the US and all EU nations, can enter New Zealand with only their passports for periods of up to 90 days, but need an eTA New Zealand for children to stay in the country for longer periods (the eTA is valid for periods of 2 years).

Minors from the UK can enter for up to 6 months without a New Zealand eTA for infants. All Australians can enter indefinitely without any type of visa or travel authorization, they are granted automatic residency status on arrival.

Which nationalities need a New Zealand eTA for children?

Children from 60 countries need a New Zealand eTA though more countries may be added to the list over the coming months. Here is a complete list of the eTA-eligible countries:

How can I apply for an eTA New Zealand for a child??

Applying for an eTA New Zealand for a child is straightforward. The child can either complete the New Zealand eTA visa application themself or their parent or guardian can complete the form on their behalf.

It only takes a few minutes to complete the eTA NZ application form for children. It just involves answering a series of questions by entering information such as the child’s name, address, date of birth, passport details. There are also some health and security-related questions on the form.

It is essential to answer all the questions fully and accurately. Any errors or missing information can lead to complications in the application process and can even cause rejections in some cases. All applicants should carefully revise all the entered information before submitting the form.

To submit the form, it is necessary to make a payment using a credit or debit card. The vast majority of applications will be very quickly approved before the eTA is delivered by email.

Do very young children and babies need an eTA for New Zealand?

Yes they do. The process of applying for a New Zealand eTA for babies or young children is the same. Parents and guardians will need to complete the application form on the child’s behalf.

New Zealand visas for kids not eligible for the eTA

If a child is not eligible for the New Zealand visitor visa there are other types of visas available including tourist visas. Applications can be made at embassies and consulates in person.

More countries may be added to the list of eTA eligible countries in the future. People planning on going to New Zealand can see an updated list of New Zealand eTA Visa eligible countries.